Recent economic turmoil has resulted in a testing environment for both the banks and the borrowers. Recent banking trends, greater regulation and financial difficulty have invariably resulted in an increase in the potential for disputes.
The Financial Ombudsman Service received 163,000 complaints in 2009/2010. This represents a 28% increase from the previous year and it has budgeted to deal with 190,000 complaints in 2011, rising to 208,000 in 2012.
Recent years have shown a significant increase in litigation over financial product mis-selling. As a result, Ellis Jones has developed a specialist department dealing with all aspects of banking mis-selling and maladministration. Specifically dealing with:-
- Financial Mis-selling claims
- Hedging and derivative disputes
- Personal and commercial banking issues
- Security realisation
- Receivership and insolvency
- Lending and investment based disputes
- FSA regulatory disputes
- Professional negligence claims against valuers & surveyors
- Freezing and Injunctive orders
- Consumer credit disputes
If you believe you may have been mis-sold a financial instrument or require advice in respect of your banking dispute, please contact William Fox Bregman 01202 525333 or by email William.Bregman@EllisJones.co.uk for a no obligation initial review.